WATOTO CHILDREN’S NEIGHBOURHOOD CELL GUIDE FOR WEEK ENDING 19th JANUARY 2019.
Icebreaker: What are some of the things that you fear or threaten you either at home, school or play area?
Good Reports: Introduce new children who have come to join cell this year 2019, let the children share abit of what happened last year, and testimonies of what God has done. Share your testimony as well to encourage the children.
Praise & Worship: Prepare songs of your choice and pick a few of the children to lead others in praise and worship. Choose a classic Christmas song to learn.
Theme: FAITH OVER FEAR
Topic: Faith over Fear
Text: Numbers 13
Objective: By the end of cell, Children will learn how to overcome fear through faith.
Bible Verse: Number 13 (Caleb and Joshua)
Tell the story in an animated style, you could also act out the lesson (Please explain what exactly this scripture means to children). SAY: Caleb and Joshua had the courage to tell Moses and Aaron that they still take over the land, even after seeing the giants in the land, they had FAITH that they would win the land over.
1. How many people did Moses and Aaron send to check out the land that the Lord had promised?
2. What did they come back with to show that the land was full of Milk and Honey?
3. What are the names of the two men who came with faith that they can take the promised land?
4. What do you learn from the bible story?
Memory Verse: 2 Timothy 1:2 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
Way of Memorizing: BE CREATIVE
Conclusion: In life, we should learn to have FAITH in everything we do, think or learn and also trust God to do everything. Fear is not part of us, so we should make sure we overcome it.
Prayer Time: Let’s pray that God helps us to overcome fear and that we should trust Him.
Share the Vision: Encourage the children to come with one more person or two every time they come for cell.
1. Happy New year and thanks for whatever you did for the children’s Ministry last year 2018. Here we are again in 2019; God is still counting on you to help and raise His children towards His direction.
2. Have a great 2019 and thanks again for the commitment in Jesus’ name.
3. Get time in the week and go through the guide and also pray that God may do his will as you teach the lesson. Prepare appropriately before cell starts.
4. Please remember to report when you meet with the children and also when you don’t meet.
Remember! IT ONLY TAKES THE HEART NOT MUCH; THANK YOU FOR SERVING.