CELL LEADER’S GUIDE: 20th February2019
Icebreaker: Share some childhood memories where you expressed childlike faith and simply believed whatever the adults told you.
Worship: Prepare 2 songs before cell, send a text to the cell members to get the lyrics and ask someone to lead as you sing and worship together.
FAITH OVER FEAR: Abraham!
Faith is choosing to believe the word of God even when our five senses suggest otherwise. For the next couple of weeks, we want to look at great men of faith in the Bible and how they responded to difficult situations in their lives.
Text: Genesis 12:1-3, Genesis 15:2-3, Romans 4:18-25.
1. What were the promises of God to Abraham?
2. In Genesis 15:2-3, Abraham was afraid of his childless situation in light of what God had promised him. Share an experience when you were in a situation and it seemed like God was silent concerning His promise to you.
3. In His time, God delivered on His promise of a son to Abraham because he (Abraham) chose to believe God’s word even in the most hopeless of situations. What lessons can we learn from Abraham's triumphant faith and how can we apply these lessons practically in our lives today?
4. As a cell spend some time praying together.
1. Equip Streams begin on the 7th of March at Watoto Church Downtown and 9th March at the other celebration points. Sign up to be part of Adventure (Discipleship stream) or Evangelism Explosion classes. Note that classes run for 12 weeks. Register at your celebration point.
2. Cell leaders prepare for an 8 week leadership training program at your celebration campus. The dates will be communicated soon.
3. Watoto Ministries is seeking to recruit a Neighborhood Business Development Team Leader whose responsibility is to give oversight to Neighborhood Business Operations and ensure efficiency and profitability. Check the Church notice board for details and deadline for application.
4. For only 70,000 Ushs per month, you can sponsor at Child and change a life. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Faith Over Fear
Celebrating Christ, Caring for Community